GUIDED SUNRISE BIKE TOURS DOWN MOUNT HALEAKALA IN BEAUTIFUL MAUI, HAWAII
- Tours run everyday
- $150 for bookings within 7 days of tour
- Prices are for direct bookings through Bike it Maui
- Group Rates
- Anyone who doesn’t want to, or can’t ride a bicycle is welcome to ride in the escort van.
- Van Riders - $125
- AAA Discount - $5
- Military Discount - $5
- Day Tours (10 people min)
- Bike Route
- Private Bike and Non Bike Tours
Your journey begins with a panoramic sunrise view of
Haleakala Crater, in the Haleakala National Park,
a once in a lifetime experience. After sunrise,
coast down from just outside of the park to sea level into the original territorial
capital of Hawaii, Paia. A 28-mile downhill ride
on paved roads with only 400 yards of peddling.
You won't believe it, you won't forget it.
SUNRISE BIKE TOUR INCLUDES:
- Spectacular sunrise from the top of Mount Haleakala
- Full breakfast after the ride at Cafe O'Lei At The Dunes Country Club (menu)
- Pick-up from all hotels and cruise ships (2-3am)
- Drop off at all hotels and cruise ships (11am-12noon)
- Worksman Cruiser bikes
- Helmets, gloves, jackets & rain gear
- Experienced, friendly, knowledgeable guides
- Small groups, personalized service
- Web photo gallery of your tour
- Memories that will last a lifetime
BIKE TOUR TIPS
- Wear sneakers or hiking shoes, not flip-flops/slippers.
- Bring an energy bar, camera, sunglasses, hat (with ear coverage), sunscreen, casual, comfortable pants and a long-sleeve T-shirt or hoodie -- it gets cold on top of the mountain, but you will shed the layers on your decent and can leave your gear in the van.
- No refund 48 hours prior to the bike ride,
unless it's due to a medical emergency (Physicians
note requested ).
- Anyone that has been scuba diving the day before, is under the age of twelve (12) years, has medical problems that will not allow them to safely ride a bicycle, is pregnant, or over 260 pounds will not be accepted.
HALEAKALA CRATER EXPERIENCE
Unique sites you will find in upcountry Maui, is a cowboy town called Makawao. Makawao - Hawaiian for "Where the forest begins" is the center and heart of the area generally known as upcountry Maui. Nestled among the hills along the road to Haleakala National Park, this is where the pineapple fields cease and tall Eucalyptus and Jacaranda trees shade Maui's green pastures; where the first paniolo's (cowboys) set up home in the early 20's when cattle was first introduced to the island. During your ride, you will see unbelievable views of the Islands of Hawaii, Molokini, Kahoolawe, Lanai, and the West Maui Mountains, with photo stops along the way. You will view the pineapple and sugar cane fields that once dominated Hawaii's industries, see the various protea flowers, orchids, mango, papaya, avocado, macadamia nut, guava, lychee, coconut, wild coffee trees, and many other exotic plants and flowers. Bike it Maui structured downhill trips provide transportation from your hotel to the starting point, bikes equipped with special heavy-duty hub brakes, safety gear (which includes full protective helmets, gloves, all weather jackets & pants ), escort van transportation, meals, and your tour guide. Your bikes will be adjusted, you will be briefed on road hazards, signals to follow from your guide, safety features, and then you'll be on your incredible journey......downhill. After the ride enjoy a full sit down breakfast at Cafe O'Lei At The Dunes Country Club in Kahului, overlooking the golf course, West Maui Mountains and the Iao Valley. WISH YOU WERE HERE ------ ALOHA!